On an individual level, the school values the views of both parents and children in both identifying key strengths and areas of need as well as planning and reviewing provision.
We will ensure that parents and pupils (as appropriate) are included in regular review meetings to discuss progress and plan provision. Where this is not possible or where more regular updates are required we will agree with you the best way to share information.
At whole school level the school are also keen to support parents with pupils with SEND and take their views on how we can continue to develop a positive experience for SEND pupils at our school.
- Workshops and advice clients to develop parent knowlede and skills in various areas of SEN.
- Availability of SENCO to discuss any issues or concerns.
- Annual parent and pupil surveys to take views on current SEND practice and recommendations for further development.
How can I help my child?
- Speak in your home language. A good model of language is important to learn about extended language structures.
- Talk and play everyday, take turns playing simple games like snakes and ladders.
- Sing songs and rhymes together eg; round and round the garden, humpty dumpty.
- Share stories together, talk about the pictures, the characters and what happened in the story.
- Attend Chatterbox sessions or drop-in sessions in the holidays.
- Count your steps, jumps, the number of times you throw a ball etc.
- Say what number comes next.
How will the school help my child move to a new class, year group or school?