What support from outside does the school use to help my child?

The school works with a number of external agencies to seek advice and support to ensure that the needs of all children are fully understood and met. These include:

Educational Psychology Service
Our attached Educational Psychologist is Mrs Clare Morgado

Mrs Morgado works with the SENCO, the teachers, the support staff, the parents and the children to assess children’s needs, set appropriate learning targets, give advice to staff about the best ways to help children meet the targets, support referrals to other services and applications for statutory assessment.

Croydon Sensory Support Service (CSSS) 

Croydon Sensory Support Service (CSSS) support the educational access and achievement of children and pupils with hearing and visual impairments and encourage pupil participation in all aspects of school life.

The specialist teaching and support staff of CSSS develop working partnerships with health professionals, families, carers, school staff and pupils. Our aim is to maximise for all pupils:

  • educational achievement
  • successful participation
  • independence and confidence in the management of disability for life.

Speech and Language Therapy
For details of our commissioned therapists see Miss Walsh




For Local Authority services go to www.croydonhealthservices.nhs.uk
and search for children’s speech and language therapy service or Call the main office at Sanderstead –
020 8714 2594.

We have commissioned a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist from Guys and St Thomas’s Trust to work with us on delivering good provision for children with Speech Language and Communication Needs (SLCN). She works in collaboration with the SENCO to provide training to all staff, aid accurate identification of speech and language difficulties, develop a good resource bank, lead small group support, plan some 1:1 programmes of support to be delivered in school and offer advice to parents.

We also receive support from the Local Authority’s Speech and Language Therapy service that make assessments of individual children referred to them by the school, set targets, review progress, engage with parents, work with some children in a clinic outside school and support small group work in school.

(Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service)

South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
Christopher Wren House
113, High Street

Tel: 020 3228 0000
Website www.slam.nhs.uk

This service offers advice, assessment and treatment for children who have a serious mental health disorder or psychological difficulties. It can also offer support for their families.

Croydon SEND Information and Advice Services (SENDIAS)
(formerly Family Lives)

Helpline: 020 3131 3150.

This service offers advice on local SEN issues, the statutory process relating to SEN and national organisations. They also provide drop-in advice sessions for parents. They will be providing Independent Support Volunteers to help any family going through an EHC Plan needs assessment and the process of developing an EHC Plan. Support will be provided to new entrants to the system, children with a Statement converting to an EHC Plan and young people with a Learning Disability Assessment converting to an EHC Plan.

Virtual School for Children who are Looked After

This service oversees and monitors provision for children who are in care of the Local Authority

Follow this link for advice, strategies and tips to support your child with their speech and language development at home.

How skilled are the staff to support my child’s needs?

How will the school help my child move to a new class, year group or school?